- The HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE is available for residents and businesses (and businesses with residential-type systems) in Ontario who have purchased and installed* eligible central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- You must be a resident of Ontario.
- All services (including purchase and installation) must be performed by a participating contractor of the HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE program.
Important Installation and Submission Information:
- The deadline to submit documents for installations completed in 2016 for the Heating & Cooling Incentive Program was February 1, 2016. This submission window was extended to February 28, 2017 and is now closed.
You will receive a:
- *Incentives for installations of eligible equipment completed between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017. Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by July 8, 2017 and all supporting documentation including the proof of purchase must be submitted by August 30, 2017.
Full Terms & Conditions can be found here.
- $250 incentive when you replace your existing furnace with the purchase and installation of a new eligible high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 incentive when you purchase and install a new ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning (CAC) system that satisfies at least a 14.5 SEER and 12 EER.
- $400 incentive when you purchase and install an ENERGY STAR certified CAC system that satisfies at least a 15 SEER and 12.5 EER.
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), formerly the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) does not call consumers to solicit participation in its programs. No IESO residential programs require door-to-door sales calls or the inspection of any heating and cooling equipment and the IESO does not charge a fee to participate in any of its conservation programs.