Energy Performance Program
The energy performance program (EPP) encourages whole building energy performance improvements through incentives at a four cent per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of savings per year for up to four years. This pay-for-performance model encourages participants who are able to make behavioural and operational changes alongside capital investment projects to achieve and grow energy savings over multiple years.
- The program provides multi-site customers with a single program point of contact.
- Performance payments are determined by comparing metered consumption to consumption predicted by a building-specific baseline energy model.
- Customers have choice and flexibility in implementing capital and non-capital energy efficiency measures, and are compensated for energy savings at the same rate regardless of which initiatives are pursued.
- Measuring savings at the whole-building level reduces cost and administrative efforts.
To participate, companies must:
- enroll two or more buildings located in two or more local hydro company service areas;
- commit buildings to participate for at least two years and plan to realize at least five per cent energy savings per building;
- have hourly meter data available for their building;
- have a minimum annual consumption of 1,500,000 kWh per building (or group of buildings aggregated into a single baseline energy model).
To submit your application or for more information regarding the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org