To get you started, you'll need to determine if you are eligible for the Home Assistance Program.
To be eligible you must:
1. be a resident of an eligible non-profit housing property; or
2. be an individual who owns, rents or leases the residence and is the primary or secondary utility account holder listed on the bill; and
3. have an annual household income for the previous year ( after tax income of all household members aged 18 or older) that does not exceed the following eligibility limits:
Note: The IESO will update this information as and when required to align with Low Income Measure (LIM) updates.
Number of people living in home
After-tax annual household income
OR, you have received one of the following for the past 12 months:
- National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS)
- Allowance for the Survivor
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Child Dental Program
- Ontario Electricity Support Plan
OR, you have received Utility Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) grant within the past 12 months.
OR, you have qualified to participate in a natural gas low income DSM program during the past 12 months.
If you are a tenant, you must have the consent of your building owner or manager to join the program. Please ask your housing provider to apply directly to your local hydro company.
The Home Assistance Program is offered through your local hydro company and may not be offered in all areas. Call your local hydro company for more information on the availability of the program, or find your local hydro company here.